In his fifth and final address in the current tenure, Prime Minister Narendra Modi highlighted the achievements of the NDA government in the last four years – Swachch Bharat, PMFBY, Mudra loans, GST.
- During the address, he also announced his flagship health policy –Aayuhmaan Bharat from the Red Fort. The ambitious Ayushman Bharat or National Health Protection Scheme aims to cover over 10 crore vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) and provide health cover up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year. The scheme will be rolled out on September 25, on the occasion of Deen Dayal Upadhyay’s anniversary.
- Modi began by congratulating the all-women INS Tarini team for circumnavigating the globe and paying tribute to freedom fighters and the martyrs of the Jallianwala Bagh massacre. He said the recently concluded monsoon session of Parliament focused on social justice. Taking a jibe at the UPA government, Modi also added that the pace of development fast-tracked in the past four years. Modi also announced the much demanded permanent commission for women in armed forces. So far women were given short service commission in Army, Navy and Air Force.
- Ahead of his speech, PM Modi unfurled the Tricolour and inspected the Guard of Honour. Also present at Red Fort were Congress chief Rahul Gandhi, BJP president Amit Shah, Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan, LK Advani among other political leaders.
India, the country known for Lingual- Cultural diversity, as the originator of Chess, Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus, World’s largest Democracy and the country with the largest Road Network! India indeed has a long history to tell about itself ever since independence till date.
So, here’s presenting unknown facts regarding Indian independence:
* Our National Anthem
The Indian National Anthem, drafted by Rabindranath Tagore was to pay homage to
*Nehru wasn’t elected as our first Prime Minister
Yes it was not Nehru but Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Sardar Patel won the Prime Ministry elections fair and square but since Nehru didn’t want to play second in command to anyone and also that Gandhi had a soft spot for Nehru, Sardar Patel was pulled down.
* The Indian Flag Hoisting :
We all are of the notion that Indian flag was first hoisted on Aug 15th 1947. But that isn’t true. Our National flag is said to be first hoisted on August 7, 1906 in Parsee Bagan Square (Green Park) in Calcutta.
* India – The Peace Maker:
India has always been a peace-maker. Certainly, the history speaks of it! India has never invaded any country in her last 1,00,000 years of history.
* Jawaharlal Nehru – Trend Setter:
This one is an absolute stunner! India’s first Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru was pictured in Vogue Magazine wearing his traditional coat and so his single breasted jacket became a Fashion trend in the West.